Chingay 2020 Lyrics Writing Competition invites local song-writing talents to submit original lyrics for the Chingay 2020 Finale Theme Song. This song will showcase our Singapore’s multi-racial and multi-cultural identity and portray the theme "Colours In Harmony", where people of different backgrounds come together to celebrate our diversity.
The submitted lyrics (comprises at least 2 verses and 1 chorus), should portray the above theme and suitable to be composed into a 4-minute song for Chingay 2020. Attractive cash prizes will be given to three winning entries and one or more of the winning entries may be used for the Chingay 2020 Finale Theme Song.
*Subject to final confirmation
Submission has closed on 8 August 2019, 23:59 hrs.
- The Competition is open to all Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and Foreigners living in Singapore with a valid student or work visa or long-term visiting pass and must be aged 15 years old and above (participants should be born on or before 31 December 2014).
- Participant(s) can submit multiple entries for the Competition if each entry contains a different original work. Each entry for the Competition must be an original work in the English language (the "Entries") that has not won a prize in other competitions in Singapore or overseas and has not been recorded or performed in public, or published in print, online or on any other platforms or medium. Translated works will not be accepted.
- Submission of Entries in PDF format is compulsory. Full name of all writers should be stated clearly in the lyrics document.
- All entries must be submitted before 23:59 hrs on 8 August 2019.
- The Organiser reserves the right to terminate the Competition and/or to modify and/or amend the Rules and Regulations prior to the Closing Date, at its sole and absolute discretion. Any such amendments and modifications shall be notified via the Chingay Website, and such amendments and modifications shall be effective immediately, applicable to all entries, including entries that have been submitted to the Organiser.
Rules and Regulations