About Chingay Parade 2019
Chingay will be held on Friday and Saturday, 15 & 16 February 2019, at F1 Pit Building (next to Singapore Flyer)
- Admission time: 6.00pm (seated by 7.00pm)
- Pre-parade Activities: 7.00pm to 7.45pm
- Parade Proper: 8.00pm to 9.45pm
1. Chingay 2019 Ticketing Info
Kindly refer to this page.
2. Why do I need to purchase a ticket for my child?
Children above 2 years old (by year) is required to have a seat and therefore ticket purchase is required. For infants who do not need a seat, they do not require a ticket. However, please note that there may be loud noises and strobe lightings which may not be suitable for infants.
3. Do you let in latecomers to the Parade?
4. I cannot attend. Can I get a refund?
Yes. However, you will need to wait for intervals to cross the Parade route to the Promenade area if your seat is located at the Promenade side.
Tickets sold are strictly non-refundable and exchangeable.
5. It is raining. Can I get a refund?
It is a rain or shine event. Tickets sold are strictly non-refundable and exchangeable.
Access to Venue
1. How can I get to F1 Pit Building (beside Singapore Flyer) via MRT?
Pit Building is located at 1 Republic Boulevard. Nearby MRT Stations would be Promenade MRT, Esplanade MRT, City Hall MRT, Nicoll Highway MRT and Marina Bay MRT.
2. Where to park or transportation guide – any free shuttle service provided?
There is no free shuttle service provided. The nearest hotel or shopping mall car parks available are Singapore Flyer, The Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore, Millenia Walk, Pan Pacific Hotel, Conrad Centennial Singapore, Mandarin Oriental Singapore, Suntec, Marina Square and Esplanade.
3. Road closure information
Full Carriage (2 lanes) closure for the road from Republic Boulevard Towards Raffles Avenue and Raffles Avenue Towards Junction of Bayfront Avenue and Temasek Avenue & one lane closure for the road from Republic Avenue Towards Republic Boulevard on the following dates:
- Saturday, 26 January 2019 (NE Show) from 5.00pm to 12midnight, and
- Friday, 15 and Saturday, 16 February 2019 (actual Parade Days) from 6.00pm to 12.00midnight along Republic Boulevard till the junction of Raffles Avenue and Temasek Avenue towards City.
Full Carriage Road Closure (one lane) from ERP before ION Orchard Mall to before Bideford Road on the following date:
- Saturday, 9 March 2019 from 4.00pm to Sunday, 10 March 2019, 1.00am
Access will be made available to buses, taxis and vehicles going to Singapore Flyer. Traffic congestion and delays expected. Public are advised to come via public transport.
Participation in Chingay Parade
1. How to register if I want to volunteer for Chingay?
You can refer to www.facebook.com/volunteersofchingay for more information on the different roles.
2. How to register as a performer for Chingay, e.g. Youth, Family or Cultural Dances?
Please send your Full Name, NRIC, Contact Details (Mobile & Email) , Area of Interest and Commitment Period to PA_SCENE@pa.gov.sg.
We would contact you if there is a suitable performing group that matches your interest.
1. Heartland procession information
Information on Chingay 2019 Heartlands Celebrations will be available at a later date
1. I would like to find out more on rental of costumes.
Please leave your Full Name, Contact Details (Mobile & Email) and type of costumes that you are interested to rent and email to PA_WEARHouse@pa.gov.sg.
You can also visit our WEARHouse located at Our Tampines Hub, 1 Tampines Walk, #05-31, Singapore 528523.
Operating Hours (Prior appointment is strongly encouraged)
Tuesday to Friday: 12pm to 7pm
Saturday 12pm to 6pm
Closed on Mondays, Sundays and Public Holidays
For booking of appointment and enquiries, you can also call 6340 5220.
Grassroots organisations enjoy 20% discount off the rental prices. PAssion Card members can also enjoy a 10% (Black Card) or 15% discount (Platinum Card).
1. How to engage PA Talents to put up a performance?
Rich multi-ethnic and cosmopolitan cultures are weaved into a wide range of our entertaining shows and educational programmes, making arts and learning hip and fun for everyone. Select any of our shows from the Box Office menu or have new shows customised to delight the audience at your events.
Our performing groups under PA Talents:
• Orkestra Melayu Singapura
• PA Youth Chinese Orchestra
• Singapore Indian Orchestra & Choir
• Singapore Pipe Band
• Multi-ethnic Percussion Ensemble
• Multi-cultural Dance Ensemble comprising Chinese, Indian and Malay Groups
Engage our PA Talents for international, national, corporate and community events.
For enquiries, please contact PA_SCENE@pa.gov.sg.